Secom Consulting provides a specialist range of CDM services to help our customers comply with their legal duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Our Principal Designer services are delivered by our dedicated CDM team. The team has been supporting project teams on effective identification and management of health and safety risks in addition to compliance with other legal duties.
Principal Designers have an important role in influencing how risks to Health & Safety are managed throughout a project. Design decisions made during the pre-construction phase have a significant influence in ensuring the project is delivered in a way that secures Health & Safety of everyone affected by the work.
Client CDM Advisor
The role supports the Clients in fulfilling their duties under the CDM Regulations 2015 and in addition ensuring that Client interest and health and safety risks are managed at all times during the projects.
Benefits Of A CDM Advisor
The CDM Regulations aim to improve and secure health and safety on construction projects by:
- Identification and management of health and safety risks from the start of a project to its completion
- Production of key project health and safety risks information such as Pre-construction information (PCI) and Design Risk Register, (DRR)
- Better overall planning for the project in the pre-construction and construction phase
- Involvement of key duty holders and what they must do at key stages of a project
- Better co-ordination and co-operation on project
- Identification and management of health and safety issues in post completion (repair, maintenance and cleaning) phase
- Encourage actions which are proportionate to the risks in a construction project
CDM 2015 Training
We offer CDM training with regards to each core area of the CDM regulations, including training to Clients, Designers, Principal Designers and Contractor training. Our courses deliver a very high standard of knowledge which provides added value and clarity.